Defending Your Cause After A Florissant Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Florissant, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Florissant, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Florissant, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Florissant residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Florissant auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Florissant, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Florissant, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Florissant, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Florissant auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Florissant, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Florissant to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Florissant, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Florissant can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Florissant accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Florissant, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your Florissant, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Florissant, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Florissant, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Florissant, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Florissant auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and compassionate Florissant, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Florissant, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Florissant, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Florissant auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Florissant, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Florissant, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of a top Florissant, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Florissant residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Florissant, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Florissant, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Florissant, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact Florissant auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.