Defending Your Cause After A Festus Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Festus, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Festus, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Festus, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Festus residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Festus auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Festus, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Festus, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Festus, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Festus, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Festus in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Festus, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Festus can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Festus accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Festus, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Festus, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Festus, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Festus, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Festus, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Festus auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Festus, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Festus, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Festus, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Festus auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Festus, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Festus, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive Festus, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Festus residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Festus, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Festus, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Festus, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Festus auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.