Defending Your Rights After A Ferguson Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Ferguson, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Ferguson, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Ferguson, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Ferguson residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Ferguson auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Ferguson, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Ferguson, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Ferguson, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Ferguson auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Ferguson, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Ferguson in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Ferguson, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Ferguson can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Ferguson accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Ferguson, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Ferguson, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Ferguson, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Ferguson, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Ferguson, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Ferguson auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a reputable and compassionate Ferguson, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Ferguson, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Ferguson, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Ferguson auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Ferguson, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Ferguson, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of an elite Ferguson, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Ferguson residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Ferguson, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Ferguson, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Ferguson, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Ferguson auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.