Fighting For Your Cause After A Fenton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Fenton, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Fenton, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Fenton, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Fenton residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Fenton auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Fenton, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Fenton, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Fenton, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Fenton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Fenton in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Fenton, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Fenton can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Fenton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Fenton, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Fenton, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Fenton, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Fenton, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Fenton, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Fenton auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Fenton, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Fenton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Fenton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Fenton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Fenton, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Fenton, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Fenton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a top Fenton, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Fenton residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Fenton, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Fenton, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Fenton, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Fenton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.