Defending Your Cause After A Fayetteville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Fayetteville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Fayetteville, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Fayetteville, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Fayetteville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Fayetteville auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Fayetteville, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Fayetteville, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Fayetteville, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Fayetteville auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Fayetteville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Fayetteville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Fayetteville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Fayetteville can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Fayetteville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Fayetteville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Fayetteville, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Fayetteville, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Fayetteville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Fayetteville, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Fayetteville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Fayetteville, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Fayetteville, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Fayetteville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Fayetteville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Fayetteville, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Fayetteville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of a top Fayetteville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Fayetteville residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Fayetteville, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Fayetteville, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Fayetteville, IL caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact Fayetteville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.