Fighting For Your Interests After A Farmington Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Farmington, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Farmington, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Farmington, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Farmington residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Farmington auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Farmington, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Farmington, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Farmington, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Farmington auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Farmington, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Farmington for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Farmington, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Farmington can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Farmington accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Farmington, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Farmington, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Farmington, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Farmington, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Farmington, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Farmington auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a reputable and understanding Farmington, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Farmington, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Farmington, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Farmington auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Farmington, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Farmington, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and intelligence of an elite Farmington, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Farmington residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Farmington, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Farmington, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Farmington, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Farmington auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.