Defending Your Cause After A Fairview Heights Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Fairview Heights, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Fairview Heights, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Fairview Heights residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Fairview Heights auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Fairview Heights, IL auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Fairview Heights, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Fairview Heights, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Fairview Heights auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Fairview Heights, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Fairview Heights in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Fairview Heights, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Fairview Heights can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Fairview Heights accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Fairview Heights, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us following your Fairview Heights, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Fairview Heights, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Fairview Heights, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Fairview Heights, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Fairview Heights auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate Fairview Heights, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Fairview Heights, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Fairview Heights, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Fairview Heights auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Fairview Heights, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Fairview Heights, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Fairview Heights, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a competitive Fairview Heights, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Fairview Heights residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Fairview Heights, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Fairview Heights, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Fairview Heights, IL caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Fairview Heights auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.