Fighting For Your Cause After A Eureka Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Eureka, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Eureka, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Eureka, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Eureka residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Eureka auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Eureka, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Eureka, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Eureka, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Eureka auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Eureka, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Eureka to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Eureka, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Eureka can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Eureka accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Eureka, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Eureka, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Eureka, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Eureka, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Eureka, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Eureka auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and understanding Eureka, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Eureka, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Eureka, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Eureka auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Eureka, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Eureka, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Eureka, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Eureka residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Eureka, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Eureka, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Eureka, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Eureka auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.