Defending Your Cause After A Ellisville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Ellisville, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Ellisville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Ellisville, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Ellisville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Ellisville auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Ellisville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Ellisville, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Ellisville, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Ellisville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Ellisville for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Ellisville, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Ellisville can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Ellisville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Ellisville, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Ellisville, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Ellisville, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Ellisville, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Ellisville, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Ellisville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate Ellisville, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Ellisville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Ellisville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Ellisville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Ellisville, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Ellisville, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Ellisville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of a competitive Ellisville, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Ellisville residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Ellisville, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Ellisville, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Ellisville, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Ellisville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.