Fighting For Your Rights After A Edwardsville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Edwardsville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Edwardsville, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Edwardsville, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Edwardsville residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Edwardsville auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Edwardsville, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Edwardsville, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Edwardsville, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Edwardsville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Edwardsville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Edwardsville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Edwardsville can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Edwardsville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Edwardsville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Edwardsville, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Edwardsville, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Edwardsville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Edwardsville, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Edwardsville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Edwardsville, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Edwardsville, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Edwardsville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Edwardsville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Edwardsville, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Edwardsville, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Edwardsville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Edwardsville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Edwardsville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Edwardsville, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Edwardsville, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Edwardsville, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Edwardsville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.