Defending Your Cause After A Earth City Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Earth City, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Earth City, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Earth City, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Earth City residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Earth City auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Earth City, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Earth City, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Earth City, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Earth City auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Earth City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Earth City for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Earth City, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Earth City can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Earth City accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Earth City, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Earth City, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Earth City, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Earth City, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Earth City, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Earth City auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Earth City, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Earth City, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Earth City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Earth City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Earth City, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Earth City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of an elite Earth City, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Earth City residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Earth City, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Earth City, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Earth City, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Earth City auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.