Defending Your Cause After A Des Peres Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Des Peres, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Des Peres, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Des Peres, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Des Peres residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Des Peres auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Des Peres, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Des Peres, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Des Peres, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Des Peres auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Des Peres, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Des Peres for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Des Peres, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Des Peres can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Des Peres accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Des Peres, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Des Peres, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Des Peres, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Des Peres, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Des Peres, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Des Peres auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Des Peres, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Des Peres, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Des Peres, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Des Peres auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Des Peres, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Des Peres, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Des Peres, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and acumen of an elite Des Peres, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Des Peres residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Des Peres, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Des Peres, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Des Peres, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact Des Peres auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.