Fighting For Your Interests After A De Soto Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in De Soto, MO
Auto Accident Attorney De Soto, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in De Soto, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help De Soto residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our De Soto auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our De Soto, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate remuneration, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a De Soto, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated De Soto, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete De Soto, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around De Soto for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran De Soto, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in De Soto can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to De Soto accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common De Soto, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your De Soto, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In De Soto, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across De Soto, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your De Soto, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your De Soto auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate De Soto, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in De Soto, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in De Soto, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your De Soto auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since for the most part the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a De Soto, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent De Soto, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of an elite De Soto, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with De Soto residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in De Soto, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your De Soto, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in De Soto, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact De Soto auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.