Defending Your Cause After A Creve Coeur Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Creve Coeur, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Creve Coeur, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Creve Coeur residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Creve Coeur auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Creve Coeur, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Creve Coeur, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Creve Coeur, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Creve Coeur auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Creve Coeur, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Creve Coeur to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Creve Coeur, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Creve Coeur can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Creve Coeur accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Creve Coeur, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Creve Coeur, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Creve Coeur, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Creve Coeur, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Creve Coeur, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Creve Coeur auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Creve Coeur, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Creve Coeur, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Creve Coeur, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Creve Coeur auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish a Creve Coeur, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Creve Coeur, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Creve Coeur, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and intelligence of a top Creve Coeur, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Creve Coeur residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Creve Coeur, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Creve Coeur, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Creve Coeur, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Creve Coeur auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.