Defending Your Interests After A Crestwood Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Crestwood, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Crestwood, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Crestwood, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Crestwood residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Crestwood auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Crestwood, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Crestwood, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Crestwood, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Crestwood auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Crestwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Crestwood for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Crestwood, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Crestwood can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Crestwood accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Crestwood, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Crestwood, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Crestwood, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Crestwood, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Crestwood, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Crestwood auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Crestwood, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Crestwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Crestwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Crestwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Crestwood, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Crestwood, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Crestwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Crestwood, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Crestwood residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Crestwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Crestwood, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Crestwood, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Crestwood auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.