Fighting For Your Cause After A Columbia Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Columbia, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Columbia, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Columbia, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Columbia residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Columbia auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Columbia, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Columbia, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Columbia, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Columbia auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Columbia, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Columbia to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Columbia, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Columbia can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Columbia accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Columbia, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Columbia, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Columbia, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Columbia, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Columbia, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Columbia auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Columbia, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Columbia, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Columbia, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Columbia auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish a Columbia, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Columbia, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Columbia, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a top Columbia, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Columbia residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Columbia, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Columbia, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Columbia, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Columbia auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.