Fighting For Your Rights After A Columbia Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Columbia, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Columbia, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Columbia, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Columbia residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Columbia auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Columbia, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Columbia, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Columbia, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Columbia auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Columbia, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Columbia for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Columbia, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Columbia can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Columbia accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Columbia, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Columbia, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Columbia, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Columbia, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Columbia, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Columbia auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and understanding Columbia, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Columbia, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Columbia, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Columbia auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Columbia, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Columbia, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Columbia, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a competitive Columbia, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Columbia residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Columbia, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Columbia, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Columbia, IL caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Columbia auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.