Defending Your Cause After A Collinsville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Collinsville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Collinsville, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Collinsville, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Collinsville residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Collinsville auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Collinsville, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Collinsville, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Collinsville, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Collinsville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Collinsville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Collinsville for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Collinsville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Collinsville can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Collinsville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Collinsville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Collinsville, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Collinsville, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Collinsville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Collinsville, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Collinsville auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a reputable and understanding Collinsville, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Collinsville, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Collinsville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Collinsville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Collinsville, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Collinsville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of a top Collinsville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Collinsville residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Collinsville, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Collinsville, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Collinsville, IL caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Collinsville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.