Defending Your Rights After A Clayton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Clayton, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Clayton, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Clayton, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Clayton residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Clayton auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Clayton, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Clayton, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Clayton, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Clayton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Clayton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Clayton in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Clayton, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Clayton can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Clayton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Clayton, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Clayton, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Clayton, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Clayton, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Clayton, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Clayton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding Clayton, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Clayton, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Clayton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Clayton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Clayton, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Clayton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and acumen of a top Clayton, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Clayton residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Clayton, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Clayton, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Clayton, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Clayton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.