Fighting For Your Cause After A Clarkson Valley Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Clarkson Valley, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Clarkson Valley, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Clarkson Valley, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Clarkson Valley residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Clarkson Valley auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Clarkson Valley auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Clarkson Valley, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Clarkson Valley in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Clarkson Valley, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Clarkson Valley can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Clarkson Valley accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Clarkson Valley, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Clarkson Valley, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Clarkson Valley, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Clarkson Valley, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Clarkson Valley auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Clarkson Valley, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Clarkson Valley, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Clarkson Valley, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Clarkson Valley auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Clarkson Valley, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Clarkson Valley residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Clarkson Valley, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Clarkson Valley, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Clarkson Valley, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Clarkson Valley auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.