Defending Your Cause After A Chesterfield Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Chesterfield, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Chesterfield, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Chesterfield, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Chesterfield residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Chesterfield auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Chesterfield, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Chesterfield, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Chesterfield, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Chesterfield, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Chesterfield in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Chesterfield, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Chesterfield can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Chesterfield accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Chesterfield, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Chesterfield, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Chesterfield, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Chesterfield, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Chesterfield, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Chesterfield auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Chesterfield, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Chesterfield, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Chesterfield, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Chesterfield auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Chesterfield, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Chesterfield, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive Chesterfield, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Chesterfield residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Chesterfield, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Chesterfield, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Chesterfield, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Chesterfield auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.