Fighting For Your Cause After A Chester Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Chester, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Chester, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Chester, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Chester residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Chester auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Chester, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Chester, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Chester, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Chester, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Chester in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Chester, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Chester can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Chester accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Chester, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Chester, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Chester, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Chester, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Chester, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Chester auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and compassionate Chester, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Chester, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Chester, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Chester auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Chester, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Chester, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Chester, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a top Chester, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Chester residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Chester, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Chester, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Chester, IL caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Chester auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.