Defending Your Rights After A Central West End Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Central West End, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Central West End, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Central West End, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Central West End residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Central West End auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Central West End, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Central West End, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Central West End, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Central West End, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Central West End for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Central West End, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Central West End can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Central West End accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Central West End, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your Central West End, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Central West End, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Central West End, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Central West End, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Central West End auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Central West End, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Central West End, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Central West End, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Central West End auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Central West End, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Central West End, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of an elite Central West End, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Central West End residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Central West End, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Central West End, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Central West End, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Central West End auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.