Fighting For Your Cause After A Cedar Hill Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Cedar Hill, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Cedar Hill, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Cedar Hill, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Cedar Hill residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Cedar Hill auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Cedar Hill, MO auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Cedar Hill, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Cedar Hill, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Cedar Hill auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Cedar Hill, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Cedar Hill for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Cedar Hill, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Cedar Hill can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Cedar Hill accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Cedar Hill, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Cedar Hill, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Cedar Hill, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Cedar Hill, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Cedar Hill, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Cedar Hill auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Cedar Hill, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Cedar Hill, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Cedar Hill, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Cedar Hill auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Cedar Hill, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Cedar Hill, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Cedar Hill, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Cedar Hill residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Cedar Hill, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Cedar Hill, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Cedar Hill, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Cedar Hill auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.