Defending Your Cause After A Carondelet Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Carondelet, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Carondelet, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Carondelet, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Carondelet residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Carondelet auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Carondelet, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Carondelet, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Carondelet, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Carondelet auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Carondelet, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Carondelet to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Carondelet, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Carondelet can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Carondelet accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Carondelet, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Carondelet, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Carondelet, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Carondelet, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Carondelet, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Carondelet auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and understanding Carondelet, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Carondelet, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Carondelet, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Carondelet auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Carondelet, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Carondelet, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Carondelet, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Carondelet residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Carondelet, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Carondelet, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Carondelet, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Carondelet auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.