Fighting For Your Rights After A Byrnes Mill Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Byrnes Mill, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Byrnes Mill, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Byrnes Mill, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Byrnes Mill residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Byrnes Mill auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Byrnes Mill, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Byrnes Mill, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Byrnes Mill, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Byrnes Mill auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Byrnes Mill, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Byrnes Mill for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Byrnes Mill, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Byrnes Mill can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Byrnes Mill accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Byrnes Mill, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Byrnes Mill, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Byrnes Mill, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Byrnes Mill, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Byrnes Mill, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Byrnes Mill auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and compassionate Byrnes Mill, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Byrnes Mill, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Byrnes Mill, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Byrnes Mill auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Byrnes Mill, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Byrnes Mill, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Byrnes Mill, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and intelligence of a top Byrnes Mill, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Byrnes Mill residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Byrnes Mill, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Byrnes Mill, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Byrnes Mill, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Byrnes Mill auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.