Defending Your Rights After A Burksville Station Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Burksville Station, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Burksville Station, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Burksville Station, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Burksville Station residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Burksville Station auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Burksville Station, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Burksville Station, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Burksville Station, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Burksville Station, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Burksville Station in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Burksville Station, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Burksville Station can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Burksville Station accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Burksville Station, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Burksville Station, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Burksville Station, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Burksville Station, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Burksville Station, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Burksville Station auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Burksville Station, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Burksville Station, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Burksville Station, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Burksville Station auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Burksville Station, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Burksville Station, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and acumen of a top Burksville Station, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Burksville Station residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Burksville Station, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Burksville Station, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Burksville Station, IL caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Burksville Station auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.