Fighting For Your Rights After A Burksville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Burksville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Burksville, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Burksville, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Burksville residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Burksville auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Burksville, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Burksville, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Burksville, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Burksville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Burksville for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Burksville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Burksville can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Burksville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Burksville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Burksville, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Burksville, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Burksville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Burksville, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Burksville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Burksville, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Burksville, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Burksville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Burksville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Burksville, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Burksville, IL auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Burksville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of an elite Burksville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Burksville residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Burksville, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Burksville, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Burksville, IL caused by another party’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Burksville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.