Defending Your Interests After A Bridgeton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Bridgeton, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Bridgeton, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Bridgeton, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Bridgeton residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Bridgeton auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Bridgeton, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Bridgeton, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Bridgeton, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Bridgeton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Bridgeton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Bridgeton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Bridgeton, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Bridgeton can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Bridgeton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Bridgeton, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Bridgeton, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Bridgeton, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Bridgeton, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Bridgeton, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Bridgeton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Bridgeton, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Bridgeton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Bridgeton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Bridgeton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a Bridgeton, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Bridgeton, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Bridgeton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Bridgeton, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Bridgeton residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Bridgeton, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Bridgeton, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Bridgeton, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, act quickly: contact Bridgeton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.