Defending Your Rights After A Brentwood Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Brentwood, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Brentwood, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Brentwood, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Brentwood residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Brentwood auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Brentwood, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Brentwood, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Brentwood, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Brentwood auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Brentwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Brentwood for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Brentwood, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Brentwood can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Brentwood accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Brentwood, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Brentwood, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Brentwood, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Brentwood, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Brentwood, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Brentwood auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a reputable and understanding Brentwood, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Brentwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Brentwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Brentwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Brentwood, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Brentwood, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Brentwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a competitive Brentwood, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Brentwood residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Brentwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Brentwood, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Brentwood, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Brentwood auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.