Fighting For Your Interests After A Breese Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Breese, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Breese, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Breese, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Breese residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Breese auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Breese, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Breese, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Breese, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Breese auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Breese, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Breese to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Breese, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Breese can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Breese accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Breese, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Breese, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Breese, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Breese, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Breese, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Breese auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Breese, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Breese, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Breese, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Breese auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Breese, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Breese, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Breese, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Breese residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Breese, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Breese, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Breese, IL caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Breese auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.