Fighting For Your Rights After A Bonne Terre Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Bonne Terre, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Bonne Terre, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Bonne Terre residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Bonne Terre auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Bonne Terre, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Bonne Terre, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Bonne Terre, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Bonne Terre auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Bonne Terre, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Bonne Terre for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Bonne Terre, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Bonne Terre can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Bonne Terre accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Bonne Terre, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Bonne Terre, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Bonne Terre, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Bonne Terre, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Bonne Terre, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Bonne Terre auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and compassionate Bonne Terre, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Bonne Terre, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Bonne Terre, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Bonne Terre auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Bonne Terre, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Bonne Terre, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Bonne Terre, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and intelligence of a top Bonne Terre, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Bonne Terre residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Bonne Terre, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Bonne Terre, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Bonne Terre, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Bonne Terre auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.