Fighting For Your Interests After A Bloomsdale Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Bloomsdale, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Bloomsdale, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Bloomsdale, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Bloomsdale residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Bloomsdale auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Bloomsdale, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Bloomsdale, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Bloomsdale, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Bloomsdale auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Bloomsdale, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Bloomsdale to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Bloomsdale, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Bloomsdale can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Bloomsdale accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Bloomsdale, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Bloomsdale, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Bloomsdale, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Bloomsdale, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Bloomsdale, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Bloomsdale auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and understanding Bloomsdale, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Bloomsdale, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Bloomsdale, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Bloomsdale auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Bloomsdale, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Bloomsdale, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and intelligence of a competitive Bloomsdale, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Bloomsdale residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Bloomsdale, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Bloomsdale, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Bloomsdale, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Bloomsdale auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.