Fighting For Your Cause After A Bethalto Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Bethalto, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Bethalto, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Bethalto, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Bethalto residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Bethalto auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Bethalto, IL auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also a measure of justice following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Bethalto, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Bethalto, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Bethalto auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Bethalto, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Bethalto for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Bethalto, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Bethalto can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Bethalto accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Bethalto, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Bethalto, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Bethalto, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Bethalto, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Bethalto, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Bethalto auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a trustworthy and understanding Bethalto, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Bethalto, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Bethalto, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Bethalto auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Bethalto, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Bethalto, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Bethalto, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and acumen of a top Bethalto, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Bethalto residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Bethalto, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Bethalto, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Bethalto, IL caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact Bethalto auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.