Fighting For Your Cause After A Belleville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Belleville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Belleville, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Belleville, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Belleville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Belleville auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Belleville, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Belleville, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Belleville, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Belleville auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Belleville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Belleville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Belleville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Belleville can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Belleville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Belleville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Belleville, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Belleville, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Belleville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Belleville, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Belleville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and compassionate Belleville, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Belleville, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Belleville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Belleville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Belleville, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Belleville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and acumen of a competitive Belleville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Belleville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Belleville, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Belleville, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Belleville, IL caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact Belleville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.