Fighting For Your Interests After A Barnhart Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Barnhart, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Barnhart, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Barnhart, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Barnhart residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Barnhart auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Barnhart, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Barnhart, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Barnhart, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Barnhart, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Barnhart for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Barnhart, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Barnhart can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Barnhart accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Barnhart, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Barnhart, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Barnhart, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Barnhart, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Barnhart, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Barnhart auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a trustworthy and understanding Barnhart, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Barnhart, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Barnhart, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Barnhart auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Barnhart, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Barnhart, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Barnhart, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a top Barnhart, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Barnhart residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Barnhart, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Barnhart, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Barnhart, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact Barnhart auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.