Fighting For Your Interests After A Ballwin Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Ballwin, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Ballwin, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Ballwin, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Ballwin residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Ballwin auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Ballwin, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Ballwin, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Ballwin, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Ballwin, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Ballwin to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Ballwin, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Ballwin can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Ballwin accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Ballwin, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Ballwin, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Ballwin, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Ballwin, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Ballwin, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Ballwin auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Ballwin, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Ballwin, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Ballwin, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Ballwin auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Ballwin, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Ballwin, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Ballwin, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and intelligence of a top Ballwin, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Ballwin residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Ballwin, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Ballwin, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Ballwin, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Ballwin auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.