Fighting For Your Rights After A Aviston Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Aviston, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Aviston, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Aviston, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Aviston residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Aviston auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Aviston, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Aviston, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Aviston, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Aviston, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Aviston in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Aviston, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Aviston can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Aviston accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Aviston, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Aviston, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Aviston, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Aviston, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Aviston, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Aviston auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a trustworthy and compassionate Aviston, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Aviston, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Aviston, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Aviston auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Aviston, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Aviston, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Aviston, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Aviston, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Aviston residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Aviston, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Aviston, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Aviston, IL caused by another driver’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Aviston auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.