Fighting For Your Cause After A Augusta Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Augusta, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Augusta, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Augusta, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Augusta residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Augusta auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Augusta, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Augusta, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Augusta, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Augusta auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Augusta, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Augusta to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Augusta, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Augusta can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Augusta accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Augusta, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your Augusta, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Augusta, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Augusta, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Augusta, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Augusta auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Augusta, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Augusta, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Augusta, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Augusta auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Augusta, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Augusta, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a top Augusta, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Augusta residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Augusta, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Augusta, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Augusta, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Augusta auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.