Fighting For Your Cause After A Ashland Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Ashland, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Ashland, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Ashland, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Ashland residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Ashland auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Ashland, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Ashland, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Ashland, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Ashland auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Ashland, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Ashland for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Ashland, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Ashland can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Ashland accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Ashland, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Ashland, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Ashland, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Ashland, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Ashland, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Ashland auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Ashland, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Ashland, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Ashland, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Ashland auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Ashland, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Ashland, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Ashland, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of a competitive Ashland, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Ashland residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Ashland, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Ashland, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Ashland, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Ashland auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.