Fighting For Your Rights After A Arnold Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Arnold, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Arnold, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Arnold, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Arnold residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Arnold auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Arnold, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Arnold, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Arnold, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Arnold auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Arnold, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Arnold for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Arnold, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Arnold can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Arnold accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Arnold, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Arnold, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Arnold, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Arnold, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Arnold, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Arnold auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and compassionate Arnold, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Arnold, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Arnold, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Arnold auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Arnold, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Arnold, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Arnold, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Arnold residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Arnold, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Arnold, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Arnold, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact Arnold auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.