Fighting For Your Cause After A Alton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Alton, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Alton, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Alton, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Alton residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Alton auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Alton, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Alton, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Alton, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Alton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Alton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Alton in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Alton, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Alton can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Alton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Alton, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Alton, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Alton, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Alton, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Alton, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Alton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a reputable and compassionate Alton, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Alton, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Alton, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Alton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Alton, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Alton, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and acumen of a competitive Alton, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Alton residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Alton, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Alton, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Alton, IL caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Alton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.