Defending Your Rights After A Affton Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Affton, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Affton, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Affton, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Affton residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Affton auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Affton, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Affton, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Affton, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Affton auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Affton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Affton to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Affton, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Affton can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Affton accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Affton, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Affton, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Affton, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Affton, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly easy to document your Affton, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Affton auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and compassionate Affton, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Affton, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Affton, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Affton auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Affton, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Affton, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Affton, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Affton residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Affton, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Affton, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Affton, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Affton auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.