Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around St. Louis in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Greater St. Louis, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a reputable and compassionate car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident